Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mama's little helpers



Yesterday Hannah, Seth and I hung out while Dan took Simon to the TMNT movie. Hannah had no desire to go see a movie about ninja turtles. She actually thought Dan was joking when he told her about the movie coming out. Thankfully Hannah thinks it's fun to help mommy work on quilts! I made us some yummy Chai tea, grabbed some chocolate to gnash on, and we went upstairs to play with fabric! I would personally call that a fantastic Saturday afternoon. Seth just played with everything in the room while I worked on my latest quilt top. Hannah helped me mark some squares so I could make half square triangles. She did about 5 blocks before she got bored and went to get her book of Sudoku puzzles. She still hung out with me in my office though.

I have an exciting day of laundry ahead of me now that Dan is up. How fun is that? Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

Oh, we all had a good time at the kids school Friday evening. I helped hand out popcorn, juice, and ice cream sundae's. I think most of the kids there were wiggling to much to actually enjoy the movie. Hopefully after all is said and done the PTO raised some money for the school.

7 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

I love seeing the kids and what you're doing! The question is: What did Daniel think of the movie?

Amy Y said...

You'll have to let us know what Dan & Simon thought of the movie. Shawn wants to take the boys and I'm thinking I'll sit that one out. I wouldn't mind two hours alone anyway! :)

daniel said...

Simon loved the movie. He's been jumping around doing karate kicks since we left the theatre. And he's wore this ninja turtle mask that Ellen helped him make from blue construction paper pretty much all day today.

I thought the movie was fun, but mostly because Simon liked it. It wasn't as much fun as the Fantastic Four or one of the Spidey movies. I was disappointed with the fights, those should have been way cooler. But spending the afternoon with Simon (we also went to the comic book store and bought comic books) was way better than quilting would have been. :-)

Scylla said...

Lee and I took Marlena to see the movie. We thought it was pretty good. All the artwork in the movie was well worth looking at, and the voice of Patrick Stewart and Sarah Michelle Gellar added some character depth and acting ability.

It did have that Hollywood "too much story crammed in to too little time" thing going on, but hey, it was a movie about mutant turtles.

She really liked it, she was riveted.

Susan said...

Is that the pattern for Cynthia's quilt or another quilt you are working on? Wish I could have an afternoon where I just sewed. That would mean I would have to have a clean sewing area though (which at this point I do not).

Coni Sanders said...

I am SOOO happy to see photos - Hannah is so beautiful.. Seth is looking a lot like Simon which is good - cause well he's cute.

Love you lots -

Coni

ellen said...

Susan- No, this quilt is for Sheri. She go married a week after you did! I am a bit behind. I know there are a few people out there (my Aunts!) who will say, "Hey, where's my wedding quilt? I got married before her!" All I can say is, "Yeah, yeah. I'm working on it!" :)