Friday, March 23, 2007

It's decidedly so....

Daniel and I have decided to go to the doctor in Philly. It is important to both of us to minimize the amount of surgery Simon has to have. If we go the less invasive route and not open the dura it should work. Then we'd wait 6 months to see if it did work.... if it didn't, he's back in the OR. I called today to get the surgery scheduled but the assistant who schedules all of his surgeries was out. I should know Monday when it will be. I'll keep everyone posted.

Seth and I went to Misty's after Gymboree. It was very nice to hang out with her. For those of you thinking, hasn't she had that baby yet? No, she is 39 weeks and ready for the baby to come as of yesterday. As my mom puts it- You have to get that uncomfortable to be willing to go through labor to get that baby out! Every week feels like a month at the end of pregnancy and you'll do what ever it takes, no matter how hard, to get it to end!

This evening the big kids have a "movie and ice cream" deal at the school. Silly me said ok when I was asked if could help out. Someday I'll have to learn how to say no. I would have had to stay anyway since the parents aren't allowed to just drop off their kids. It isn't free baby sitting night after all.

Quilt related news- I have an appointment to take Susan's quilt in on Tuesday. I better piece that back this weekend! Of course, I already started cutting the fabric for my next quilt top. I am hoping to knock out a few easy ones. Oh, and Cynthia's fabric showed up yesterday! Hurray! I do love to get pretty fabric in the mail. It's almost better than Christmas... almost.

4 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

Just let me know about the surgery and what you want me to do - I'll be there!

It's great you can do things with the kids - unless you really feel put upon, I think saying 'yes' is a good thing.

Samantha said...

It must feel so good to have the decision made. Keep us posted!

ellen said...

It is nice to have a decision made but nerve racking all at the same time. Now it's really moving forward...

Coni Sanders said...

Good Call. I can understand the school thing...... I usually volunteer for the things I know I can do and yet they always turn out to be a big deal. BUT, in the long run it will mean a lot to the kids.

How is Hannah doing? Is she liking school still and doing well?

I am happy to hear that you have made a decision... give everyone my love.

Coni