Friday, September 28, 2007

Free motion quilting and other assorted adventures

Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days. There are times when you just can't get to the computer for longer than it takes ya to check your email and look at a few other blogs. I seem to keep myself busy... yet I have nothing to show for it. There are toys strewn about, laundry to do, etc and I swear I just did all those things!

This morning right before we were going to head out to Gymboree Seth decided to take a nap instead. I know he enjoys his play time there but if he's napping I can play with my sewing machine for a while. I hadn't figured out how to do the free motions quilting yet. So, after reading the manual multiple times I finally got it to work. What do you think of my first ever attempt at stippling? Not to shabby if I do say so myself. Don't look to closely because then you'd notice the inconsistent stitch length.
Should I use it on the panel of my fall wall hanging. This wall hanging needs a name. I was also going to do a simple stitch in the ditch for the outer squares.

I won't be able to quilt much this weekend. We have lots to do. Our friend Winnie is leaving on Monday to join her husband Drew back in Seattle. I am sad she's leaving but can understand her desire to go home. She has a pretty good job prospect at the University of Washington. How cool it that?! We are having a goodbye party for her Saturday evening and I am sure most of the day will be spent getting the house and food ready for everyone. Then Sunday we have a birthday party to go to at Build a Bear. I don't really like that place and only for the simple fact that my kids just HAVE to go there and then months later they could give a hoot about the bear they loved so much for a day. BTW, I've never taken them as a treat or anything, they've been invited to other parties. We were recently trying to purge out the kids rooms and Hannah said to just donate the two she had. Thankfully, I am not paying to take them there on Sunday. Yah know, Build a Bear has a pretty good deal going if all the kids want to do is make more new bears all the time. Grrr.

Anyway, we've had a good week so far though. Simon got cleared on Monday (quick check up) for his MRI this coming Tuesday. I am so nervous. Most days I think he's just fine and then some days he still says his legs hurt or he has a head ache... I guess we'll find out more in the following weeks. Send us good thoughts.

After the doctors appointment we stopped by the park on our way home. I figured they'd enjoy playing for a few minutes. We ran into some of the moms from the Moms Club so we stayed a lot longer. I am kicking myself for not having my trusty little camera with me. It was so beautiful. The park is right next to a lake. Seth wanted to go get the ducks. He'd sit a few feet away from the water and scooch his tush closer and closer. Very cute!

Through out the week we've had play dates, coffee with friends, music class, tae kwon do, miniature golf, ice cream, and my most favorite- dinner cooked for me! Winnie came over on Wednesday and cooked us some yummy, yummy Thai food. She made so much I have leftovers which I am happy to consume over the next few days!

Oh, the twins were born yesterday!!!! I better get labels on their quilts and ship 'em off.

Well, Seth is now awake and mad as hell that I am not following him somewhere he wants to take me. Could he use words or signs to tell mommy what he wants? Heck no, you have to play the guessing game.

1 comment:

Amy Y said...

Gotta love that guessing game... Good luck on Tuesday ~ let us know how it goes! Sending healthy vibes to Simon... Oh and good job on the quilt. :)