Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend activities

Our weekend went by awfully fast. I spent most of Saturday helping with the huge yard sale at school. It was rather cold when we were setting up in the morning but by the afternoon it climbed into the 60's. I did manage to get a bit of a sunburn on my face and neck. Oops, sometimes you forget about being fair skinned. I did score some good books for the kids.

Since I went to bed early Saturday night (I am quite the party animal aren't I?) because I was so exhausted after the yard sale, I got up early on Sunday and worked on the Bento Box quilt. Bet ya thought I forgot all about it, huh? Oh, I need to take a picture of my fall one hanging on the wall don't I?

Where was I... oh, yes...

After cleaning the house a bit we went to Simon's belt ceremony thing in the afternoon. It was neat to see the demonstration team do some spinning, kicking, and board breaking. The teachers did a few demos too. Master Sunny kicks butt! He broke a cinder block with his elbow and he broke 3 cinder blocks with his hand! Don't believe me? Watch this.



Simon got his belt. I don't know if we'll be as excited for further belt achievements. He worked his little tush off for this one!

2 comments:

Amy Y said...

That is craziness right there... Think Simon or Seth will ever do that? Has Hannah shown any interest in Martial Arts?
Can't wait to see the wall hanging...

Susan said...

I love his smile at the end. He looks so happy & proud.