Thursday, October 11, 2007

THE SYRINX SHRUNK!!!!!

Yes! Hurray! Yippy! (I am doing back flips off my chair!!!)

The nurse who works with Dr. Storm called this evening to let us know that Simon's syrinx has shrunk down dramatically. He won't need a shunt. He will be monitored by watching his scoliosis and that should be it. Now, Dr. Storm still has to sign off on all this but Debbie (the nurse practitioner) was certain it had significantly shrunk and there would be no need for a shunt.

He's ok. My baby is okay.

News doesn't get much better than this.

10 comments:

Yvonne Montgomery said...

Great news, Ellen. Best to all.

~Ria~ said...

HOORAY!! This is great. I am so happy for you.

Scylla said...

Horay for Simon's Shrunken Syrinx!!

Susan said...

That is SO wonderful! We are so happy for you! A big weight must have been lifted off your shoulders yesterday. We love you all@

Coni Sanders said...

ELLEN!! How wonderful...... I was jumping on my couch like Tom Cruise in love!!! I am so happy he is OK.

We love you lots...

Coni

ellen said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. Yes, a large bolder has been removed from our shoulders.

Coni, I can just see you jumping off the couch. What a great visual!

~Ria~ said...

"Hooray for Simon's Shrunken Syrinx!!"

LOL! This reminds me of a Dr. Seuss book.

Amy Y said...

What fantastic news, Ellen!!! I'm so happy for you and your family!!! :)

Samantha said...

That is simply the best news ever.

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Congratulations! Ice cream sundaes all around!

Hooray for healthy kids!