Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend Fun

I made it to all 8 stores for the Shop Hop! Yippy! I drove and drove and drove some more.... but I made it. I left Seth home with Daniel on Saturday while I hit 4 of the stores and drove a total of 214 miles! ( I might actually be a bit crazy. Good thing I ran into some of the same people at different shops!) Yesterday I only had 2 stores left so I brought Seth along with me. He did really well.

I picked up some neat stuff at a few of the stores. To Daniel's surprise I didn't buy something from every store nor did I break the bank. I got some fun funky retro fabrics to make a reversible purse. Also, I got a quick baby blanket kit, two books, and thread. I could have gotten a lot more! I really like the books I found. There is a pattern book and a kids book that goes with it. The book has a story that coincides with each quilt block! It's sooo cute. I might selfishly keep it and make it for Seth's 2nd birthday. The good thing is if it is a smash hit, ie. everyone says they want one, then I can order more copies of the book.

Simon is back at school today. He really didn't want to go but we made him. He is perfectly fine to go back. I went in and talked to the nurse about it all. The crazy part is I have to get a note from the doctor to excuse his 2 week absence. I asked the lady in the office if the 4 inch scar down the back of his head was enough of an excuse. No, they need a note for his file. Bureaucracy.

Hannah is fairing well. I feel like I've left her out of the posts recently but that is because there isn't much to report. She is super smart and her teacher just loves her. She plays with Simon one minute and screams at him the next. She helps me with Seth after a lot of grumbling. She's a good kid!

Might as well report on Seth too. He has a really runny nose today. We were going to play with Tiff and Chloe today but Chloe is turning 1 this week and she doesn't need to be sick. Her grandparents are in this week and her big party is this weekend. Can't be sick for those things. Any other week we'd let 'em swap germs. I can just see her in pictures with a big chapped nose. John and Tiff would forever remember her sick on her first birthday.... because of Seth! :)

3 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

After Karl was here with a sore throat, we ended up with a mild cold here - perhaps he spread it around there, too. Fortunately, it seems to be a pretty beneign virus. But good call not to spread it around.

I do think you're a bit crazy ... but I'd do the same thing for bookstores :)

Amy Y said...

I love the fabrics you picked out for your purse! Glad the kids are good and Simon's back at school. How did it go for him? Are you glad to have Seth to yourself again?

ellen said...

Simon's great. He made it through the whole day yesterday and today. I figured he'd want to come home midway through the first day back. He was exhausted last night and fell asleep earlier than normal.

Seth is a bit easier when it's just the two of us.