Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The good...

Originally, I just had one thing to share but now I have two. First and coolest by far, Daniel got a big promotion at work. Yay, for Dan!!! He is very excited about it. More responsibility means more pressure to deliver the goods though. They are all very understanding that he'll be out for a few days while we deal with all the hospital stuff. Actually, yesterday they kicked him out of the building early and turned his badge off until Monday. I know he'll still end up talking to people on the phone and getting emails but he doesn't have to go in. It is awesome that they are so incredibly understanding. Some jobs would just ask, do you have enough vacation time for this?

Second- yesterday when Dan came home he told me that I have an appointment today for a spa treatment! Yes! It will be so relaxing. Dan is so good to me. I am a lucky person to have such a wonderful husband. Did you know that we have been together now for 12 years! Wow. What a long time.

I will post later on today with Simon's surgery time. We can't even call until after 3 pm. Oh, and Seth seems to be feeling better. Keep those fingers crossed that Seth kept it to himself!

8 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

Ellen, I am so glad about the promotion for Dan and he is such a good husband to you. Not just that he's doing well in business, but more that he clearly loves you so much and is so kind to you. I'm also glad that Seth is doing better and it doesn't look like Simon picked it up.

Amy Y said...

I love hearing great news like this!! Please send Dan congrats from us - that is fantastic about his promotion!!! And what a sweetie to get you a spa package! Tell him, when all this money is coming in, if he has a little extra and wants to treat someone in Colorado, I would totally be down with that. *grin* I can't wait to hear all about it!! We'll be keeping Simon in our thoughts tomorrow - I hope you'll be able to let us know how it went!!
Glad Seth is feeling better!!

daniel said...

We have to be at the hospital at 10:15 tomorrow morning. I'd imagine this means surgery should start between 12 and 1. I'm taking my macintosh with me and will find someplace nearby if the hospital doesn't have wireless so that I can post updates as necessary.

And thanks for the congratulations.

Coni Sanders said...

Congrats Dan!! Wow - you are fullfilling everything that we all knew you could/would. We really love you guys!!

We will keep you all in our thoughts tomorrow.........

Love,
The Oni's

Samantha said...

Go Dan- both for the promotion AND the thoughtful spa gift.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you all tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the whole family! Dan, you are an awesome guy, and not just for the Spa treatment! We all feel lucky to have you as part of our family. :)

I'm thinking nothing but great thoughts for Simon today! Please do let us know as soon as time permits. LOVE YOU!

Susan said...

Dan called Ben earlier to let us know that Simon made it through surgery fine. Simon was in his room & still out from the anethisia.

Thought that I would post in case anyone is checking the comments to see how he's doing.

Amy Y said...

Thank you for the update, Susan! I have been wondering how he was doing... Glad to hear he came out Ok! I knew he would though - he's a strong little guy! :)