Sunday, April 22, 2007

Birthday Surprise!

I am sorry for not posting in a while. I had a big secret to keep and I wanted to blab about it on my blog. That would have completely ruined things since my mom reads my blog and the surprise was for her! My surprise was flying Karl out here for her 50th birthday. She was SO excited when she saw him! It was totally worth it. I feel like there should be a master card commercial in here...

Plane Tickets- $200, Cake and Flowers- $30, the reaction from mom- truly priceless!

And I got to see my brother too! Unfortunately for Karl, I was house bound with Simon while he was here in NJ. I wanted to take him all over the place. Well, at least to the beach! Instead we hung out here and got to go out shopping once. Bummer.

I am not very good at keeping secrets so this was a hard one. I let Frank in on it last week so he could prepare.Mom had reservations for dinner Saturday night and I knew we needed to add one more person. I was so happy our little surprise worked.

We did a bit of sight seeing while we were in Baltimore. The weather was perfect. We went to Ellicott City, dinner at the inner harbor, and after church on Sunday we went to Fort McHenry. Shopping in antique stores is always fun. Dinner was yummy! The fort was pretty cool. All in all I'd say it was a success.

Simon had a nice weekend hanging out with his daddy. They ate un-food all weekend (pizza, donuts, McD's, etc) and played video games. Not my idea of a fun weekend but they had a good time. Simon continues to improve at a rapid pace. We've already had to talk to him about not climbing on things outside! Only one week after surgery and we already have to tell him to take it easy. That's my boy!

4 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

I will say that everyone kept his big secret a secret! The weekend was a smashing success and Karl and I had a great time today, walking all over the Mount Vernon area in Baltimore. Lunch in the Owl Room at the Belvedere - its a Baltimore tradition. We saw the Basilica, St. Alphonsis, the Peabody Library. Shopped at the AIA Architect bookstore. Just a load of fun!

Scylla said...

Happy Birthday Paula! I am glad the surprise was a success.

M

Amy Y said...

What a great surprise! I'm glad you pulled it off!
Thanks for the Simon update - I'm so relieved that he's getting better so quickly! :)

daniel said...

And Ellen can pooh-pooh it all she wants, but eating junk food and playing TMNT on the Xbox for 12 hours a day constituted a fantastic weekend for Simon and I.

:-)