Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Call me crazy


I had been wondering, what would I work on next? I have a strong desire to buy a whole lot of new fabric but I really wanted to finish up some things I've been meaning to do. I have had a project on my to-do list for a very, very long time. It's high time I did it!

A friend of mine gave me some silk from Thailand to work with and all she asked for was a throw pillow with a crazy block. Seeing as it's been a few years since I got this fabric from her I feel like I need to step it up a notch! A small throw size should do the trick. I happen to have some shiny fabric on hand that looks like her silks to add to the mix.

Now, I've never done Crazy Blocks before but since there's no measuring and you don't have to cut perfectly I figured I couldn't muck it up too bad.

Start with a muslin foundation block 13" x 13".


Start adding funky cut strips.

Keep going...


...until you have this.

Then trim it all up to a nice 12.5" x 12.5"

Repeat 8 more times!

1 comment:

Cristin said...

huh - no joke! I just yesterday learned what "paper-piecing" entails and its so cool! Well done! Its on my list of things to do for sure!