Sunday, June 21, 2009

Blueberry muffins and a tablerunner


First and most importantly, Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband and all the other daddies out there. You are truly loved and appreciated. Today is Dan's day so we let him sleep in, woke him up with a hot mocha, went to a movie of his choice (which was awesome btw), and now he is happily napping. I will grill him up some flank steak for dinner. One of his favorites.

I've actually done some quilting over the last few days. I finally sewed a pillow to match Hannah's quilt. She didn't say, "Gee thanks Mom you're the best!" She said, "About time." Somehow I didn't strangle her.

My mom had recently asked if I'd be willing to make a quilting type donation for her church. Since she needs it by the end of July I thought it be easier for me to throw a tablerunner together with some matching napkins than a whole quilt. I knew I'd have enough in my stash for that too! Not knowing what might be "in" for women in Kansas I opted for kinda girlie. I think it's cute in a way too much pink kind of way.



Since there are only two days of school left for the kids I wanted to get the teacher appreciation gifts taken care of tomorrow. I decided on a little coffee gift card and some homemade muffins to go with it. Yummy blueberry muffins. For the life of me I can't remember if I've shared the recipe before so I'm going to share it now for the first time, I think, or maybe for the second time.

First was your hands thoroughly! Especially if you've been outside playing with worms!


Gather your ingredients and one little helper that isn't a party pooper.



When you're all done don't forget to lick the bowl!


Blueberry Muffins

1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbs. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2- 2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients. In separate bowl toss 1 tbs of dry ingredients with blueberries. Stir eggs, milk, and vanilla into melted butter. Add wet ingredients to dry. Fold in blueberries. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake at 425 for 15- 20 minutes.


I think they'll like the muffins!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Mmmm, blueberry muffins. Those sound good.

I really like the tablerunner & napkins. They should appeal to a wide range of women. Good choice.

Paula Ebert said...

Ellen, the table runner is lovely! Thanks so much, since I've been bragging on your skills, it will be great to show off...