Sunday, November 23, 2008

My girl

I got to spend the day with my girl today. We don't get to just do things alone together. Usually I have a little 2 year old tag along in tow. But not today. I had some errands to run and I was also going to meet my mom up in Princeton for a cup of coffee. So, I asked Hannah if she wanted to come along.

We ran by a local quilt store and dropped off a food donation so I could get a free yard of fabric. Yeah, free is one of my favorite words. I didn't find anything I wanted ( I have no idea what the deal is with that store but I just never like anything. Weird.) so I let Hannah pick out some fabric for a pillow case.

I had to stop and get gas in order to make it all the way to Princeton. May I complain about Jersey for a minute and then I'll get back to my lovely day. Thanks. You can't pump your own gas here. It's illegal. Retarded? Yeah. Welcome to Jersey. The gas station was super busy. I waited a few minutes and no gas station dude came over. So, I broke the law! I pumped my own gas. I know pumping gas is a challenge and only highly qualified people can do it but I thought I could manage. Freakin' New Jersey.

Then we headed off to Princeton with a full tank of illegally pumped gas. We meet my mom and Paul at Starbucks and after walking around a bit we grabbed a bite to eat at Panera. It's nice to be able to hang out with my mom whenever. And Princeton is such a perfect college town. Hannah says she's going to go there for college. She sure sets her goals high.

Dan texted me while we were with mom that he was taking the boys to a movie. They were going to take Seth to his first movie. I was a bit sad to miss out on that silly little milestone but I knew they'd have a great time together watching Bolt.

Hannah came with me for my last errand. I needed some things from Joann's to make Christmas ornaments. She also helped me pick out some fabric for flannel pajama bottoms. She even had to help me look up the patterns in the big pattern book and find them in the drawers. We girls will be matching since she like the fabric I picked out. I found a really cool one for Simon that had guitars on it but there wasn't enough fabric left on the bolt. Bummer. When we were standing in line I was talking to the lady behind me and mentioned that I wished I had a coupon with me. She offered my one of hers that she had in her purse if I'd let her go in front of me. Ah, done! She actually handed me two coupons and I go the use them both. That nice lady saved me $25! I like her.

We finished with just enough time to race to the movie theater to see Twilight. The teenagers in the theater were just as entertaining as the movie. When the main actor came out the girls actually cheered. Wow, he's adorable and all but seriously. Hannah liked the movie but just like me liked the book better. Once I get a few books I have qued up out of the way I'll read the rest of the Twilight books.

Well, I have no pictures to share. I just hung out with my girl. It was a good day.

No comments: