Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rings


Wow, curves are a slow process. Taking two fabrics that curve opposite directions, pining them together, sewing a nice scant quarter inch with back stitches at each end... well, it's kinda hard. No wonder I left it alone for 5 years. No one I know will probably EVER get a double wedding ring quilt when they get married so don't even ask. Ok, you can ask but the answer will be something like, "Ha, ha, ha, ha... ah, no!"

I did make a big mistake when I first started. I looked at the first block I had make 20 million years ago, saw it had black to the inside and red on the outside. So that's how I put the next circle together. Then when I sewed the two top circles together I realized I had done something wrong.

It looked wrong. Well, duh. The circles over lap each other like rings! I should have sewn it with all the red curves in. The block belongs in a different spot. I wasn't happy about having to redo those curved seams.


Here it is last night before I sewed the two rows together.

Now, I just need to figure out how to get the corner points in. The book I have only says they can be added when the top is done. Any suggestions?

No comments: