Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Adventures in potty training


And so begins the adventures in potty training. Why? Because I am tired of diapers. I am tired of paying for them and tired of changing them. Potty training isn't an over night fix but we'll get him in big boy pants soon. He is off to a fabulous start. I'd say he's going on the potty about half the time. Although when he goes on the potty all the pee tends to go on the floor. Darn those little male appendages. Can't they point down while sitting? I know I help him point down when he sits but then after he's done there's pee on the floor. Grr. I don't think teaching a 2 year old how to stand and aim would be any less messy. It probably would create more of a mess, like on the walls too. I guess I just don't remember cleaning up as much pee when Simon potty trained. Hannah, well, girls are easier. Anatomy folks.

Seeing as tomorrow in the big day, you know Thanksgiving, I have to bake a pie today. I am going to do it all from scratch. I'll use my pumpkin puree from last month and I'm even planning on making the crust. Wish me luck! Mom's bringing a pie too so if I muck it up we'll just be having apple.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We'll be enjoying a small quiet dinner with my just my mom and little brother. Who am I kidding, it's never quiet here. I have 3 loud kids! Ok, let's revise that to say we'll be having a smaller than usual amount of people attending our Thanksgiving feast.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments: