Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fun on the fourth


I don't know about everyone else but I think the 4th is probably the best day of summer. Not that there aren't other great, fun summer days. We participated in the Kazoo Band again this year in Ocean Grove's 4th of July parade. Hannah and Simon rode on the back of the truck and threw candy to the kids and Seth rode in his stroller with us. I had to give Seth a hand full of candy to eat. He just didn't get that the candy was for the other kids. He's a kid, he deserves candy, right? Pick your battles, I say.

They covered their faces with the hats and asked me to take a picture of them. Aren't they cute?

Hannah doesn't seem to want me to take her picture anymore. What she doesn't understand is that I'll put the picture on my blog even if she makes faces. She's gonna love me when she's a teenager, I just know it.

Seth is chilaxin with his home girl.

We ate some lunch in the park and then got a free ice cream cone (a benefit of wearing a t-shirts for Days Ice Cream all over town) to top of the parade day. We had a few hours of quite at home before a few friends came over to grill with us. For little Miss Hannah we started a fire in the chimnea my mom left when she moved. It was enough to get some marshmallows roasted for smores. We just hung out and relaxed until it was almost dark. Then we headed on over to the field to watch fireworks.

At bedtime we asked the kids what their favorite thing was about the day and they couldn't pick just one. Sounds like a good day to me.

Today I'm going to get some work done and photos taken of my current quilt project. I had to put it on hold until I could make a trip to the quilt store for a nice sashing. It'd also help if I hadn't started watching True Blood in the evening. I'd have gotten a bit more done. I want to be punny and say something like, I'd take a bite out of it...

1 comment:

Amy Y said...

It is one of the best days of summer! Glad you had a good day :)