Tuesday, May 05, 2009

May madness begins

My brother Karl is here in town this week! Hurray! I wish he lived closer to me. The funny part is after we left Denver he moved just a few blocks away from our old house. If we leave Jersey will he move to NY?

Tomorrow we'll just hang out and then Thursday I am letting the kids play hookie from school and taking them up to the city with Mom, Paul, and Karl. Since my mom is moving away from NJ I don't know when we'll get a chance to hit New York all together again. For fun we're gonna take the ferry in. I am not sure exactly what we're going to do, it all depends on the darn endless rain. Seattle style my friends. I don't mind rain, really, except I'd like a small reprieve long enough to go do some fun stuff with Karl.

On Friday, it's off to Chicago! Just Dan and I. I am sooooo excited. We've never gone away together. Ever. Seriously. Our honeymoon, almost 13 years ago, was a measly week off of work. Hey, when you're young and poor that's a big deal. Otherwise we've only done dates here and there and all travel has been singly or with the whole family. Not the two of us. Chicago with no kids... sweet! Does my mom really know what she's in for with a whole weekend of all three of my rambunctious kids? Tee, hee. She'll definitely want to flee the state after this!


Even though I've been super busy with PTO, Girl Scouts (which I am apparently taking over), FPS, and getting ready for my mom to stay here for the weekend (we all know you have to clean extra for that!) , I've still played with some of my fabric. I've been hording some Chocolate Lollipop charm packs for a while now and just decided to play with them. They deserve to be shown off. I saw another great idea for a quilt from this blog but modified it to fit what I have. I can never leave a pattern alone, I swear. Mine won't be a baby quilt, it'll be lap size. Oh yes, I like this one too! More rows to add, this is just a glimpse of what adorableness is to come...


With all the rain I still haven't started my garden! I am getting worried that I won't be able to start with seeds. But I did get to sew on a rainy Sunday... that makes me a happy camper.

Hopefully, I'll get to post some NYC in the rain pics before we go to Chicago. Maybe it'll be sunny? Maybe.

3 comments:

Amy Y said...

Oh I'm so excited for you! I love Chicago! :) Shawn and I "honeymooned" there for 2 days after we got married. We didn't have any money either... It's such a fun town!
What made you decide to go there? Can't wait to hear all about it!

ellen said...

We're going to Chicago to visit some friends. Any suggestions on what we should do while we're there?

blizzo said...

Just wanted to pop in to say those are some of the coolest fabrics I have seen on your site to date. Beautimous!