Sunday, April 19, 2009

Elephant in the room

I made an elephant today to go with the baby quilt.



Seth thought is was so awesome. He wanted to play with it. Ah, this could be bad. I told him all about how it wasn't his that it's for his new baby cousin that we'll get to go see this summer. Then I let him take it for a few minutes. All was well until I took it back. I took it because he was being to rough with it. For the past 20 minutes all he's said over and over is, "I want Elephant back."

I did this to myself didn't I?

He'll live. So will I.

Any hoo, yesterday was a gorgeous day! We sent the wee heathens out to play. They played outside almost the whole day. Wonderful I tell you. Finally at dinner time we told them to come in.

Seth is still demanding the elephant back. Ignoring him obviously isn't working...

7 comments:

Susan said...

why not make him an elephant to coordinate with his bday quilt?

And then you can save the book, blanket & stuffed animal for his baby. It would be a super cute baby gift.... some day FAR FAR into the future.

Amy Y said...

That's so cool!! You should make those and sell them in Etsy! :)

ellen said...

Susan- Seth doesn't need an elephant, he already has a kick ass hippo that goes with a wonderful blanket!

Amy- I wouldn't make any profit. Just the minky stuff is like $15 a yard. Plus it isn't my pattern.

Susan said...

I have some of the yellow minky left over. I can always make him a coordinating elephant if you send me the pattern...

hetty said...

Love your elephant! I want one too! Was it difficult to make?

ellen said...

Hetty- The elephant wasn't hard to make. The pattern is pretty simple. I found it a few years ago. The pattern is Carol's Elephant Mommy & Babies. It was a Benartex Kit.

Tricia said...

What a cute elephant!! Thanks for giving the name of the pattern. I'm going to try and track it down to make one.