Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Conversation with a toddler

Tonight when I got home from the PTO meeting all the kids were ready to brush their teeth and head to bed. Hannah and Simon were already in the bathroom and now Seth needed to get in there.

"Seth, mommy will brush your teeth, ok."

"No, me do it."

"Maybe Hannah or Simon can brush for you?"

With his arms at his sides and at top volume he yelled, "No, me do it. Me do it! ME DO IT! ME DO IT !!!! MEEE BIIIIG!"

I don't think I've laughed so hard in quite a while. How can someone so little insist that they are so big? I did let him brush his teeth tonight. After all, I did laugh at him when he asserted himself. His teeth won't fall out if he does it by himself for one night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He told me that at the playground yesterday, too. He was trying to climb up a section that required you to be tall. I said, "Seth, you to little for that, honey." He said, "No, me big." And preceded to pull himself up on to equipment and totally proved me wrong.

Unknown said...

Haha...and you were so worried when he didn't start talking at one.

ellen said...

Talking is not something he has a problem with now, that's for sure!