Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Spanish

I had to take a break for a few minutes. I think my brain is about to ooze out of my ears. I inadvertently got behind (read- Ellen is an idiot and misread the syllabus) in my Spanish class so I am playing catch up. As quickly as I can. Go me, 3 weeks into a class and behind. Oh, and it's a 7 week course. I have no idea how I missed that when I signed up! Sure, no experience with Spanish at all... take a 1/2 semester course! Idiot.

Ok, so now that I'm done with my little pity party, how bout I tell you about the fabulous quilting on a beautiful quilt? And the cat that had to get in on the action.



I am really pleased with the quilting. It came out great. I dropped off my other purple quilt and it should be done around the end of March. Just in time for Easter Break so maybe I'll be able to get the biding sewn down then. Maybe. I stopped by the quilt store on my way home from school last week and picked up a few yards of stabilizer for the t-shirt quilt. It will probably get a film of dust on it before I get to use it, but if I get a few minutes here or there I can start working on it. Sanity breaks are necessary!

The baby quilt is ready to go to its new home. All tied up with soft minky as the backing. The mama is going in for her c-section next week. (Yes, I hate that she's having a c-section but won't say anything because that's what she wants.) Hopefully, I'll be able to go see her and the new baby girl once they're home and I can present her with an adorable, soft, and totally awesome, baby quilt.


Ok, better get back to Spanish. Hasta luego!

2 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

That is a beautiful quilt, and you're right, the quilting looks fantastic, even to this non-quilter expert. There's always a cat or a kid in the photos of the quilts, it seems :)

ellen said...

Mom, there is always a cat or a kid around me. I am surrounded!