Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Break's over, put your heads back in

School officially starts today! Of course, I already have homework, but Seth and I wanted to go have some fun with our friends today too. Some of the moms from our old Gymboree class were meeting for lunch and then going to Jenkinson's Aquarium. So, we squeezed it all in between Hannah's 9 am doctor appointment in East Brunswick (Her toe is all better by the way) and the big kids getting out of school at 3. Phew. It was a tight fit, but it was fun and worth it.



The weather is really mild today so we walked on the beach for a few minutes before heading home. There were shells everywhere. Seth grabbed as many as he could hold!



A nice lady showed Seth the tumbled sea glass she had gathered as she walked on the beach. She even gave him a piece to take home.

It's so beautiful. I could live by the ocean...


Here's a picture of the baby quilt top all sewn together. The squares have raw edges.


I actually got it all together and then decided I didn't like one of the fabrics. However, I am NOT taking it all apart. The fabric will stay because A) I am lazy, and B) the quilt won't live at my house taunting me that one fabric doesn't belong.

I'll attempt to update my blog when I can. I'll try to quilt when I can but quilting won't get as much of my attention as the family and school. Sad but true. Maybe I'll make a few quick weekend projects, like purses, in between making slow and steady progress on a few quilts. We'll see what I can manage.

I have an 8 am class tomorrow... what was I thinking! :) Wish me luck, this is a long journey I'm starting on!

No comments: