Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pretty, pretty fabric

My fabric that I ordered showed up yesterday!! Hurray! I do love those packages being delivered right to my door. You know what's in the box yet you're excited to open it anyway.

I got the fabric for my new nephew's quilt. It all soft cozy flannel. And quite adorable, might I add. I threw in the pattern I want to use in the picture so you can see it.

I don't have to hurry to much on this one because I think we'll take it to Denver and deliver it ourselves when we see the baby. Did I say Denver? I did. Baring any catastrophic events we are going to go home to visit this summer. We haven't been home since July of '07. Just a little while ago. I'd like to see all those people I haven't seen in two years.

In the package I got yesterday was also a little bit of fabric I got just because I thought it was cute. I got a designer sampler of Amy Butler's line of Midwest Modern 2. They're funky and retro. Should be fun to work with 'em. They are only 4.5" strips but I want to make a brick pattern so it'll work fabulously for cutting 4.5 x 7.5 blocks.

Lastly, I took a photo just for Gramma Stella. She got Seth a shaving set for Christmas and both of the boys want to use it. Simon will take a bath with Seth just so he can play with the blue shaving cream.

I know you are all jealous of my pink bathroom, admit it.

5 comments:

Amy Y said...

I am so excited you're coming to Denver!!!! I can't wait to see you!

I love that Amy Butler fabric!

And the shaving is so cute :)

Susan said...

Tee hee, you called Denver home :)

I love all of the fabrics. Both quilts are going to be very cute.

And holy cow, Seth REALLY looks like his daddy!

~Ria~ said...

Those are some great ideas for quilts but even better news! I can't wait for your visit.

Scylla said...

Yay!!! You are coming to see me!!!!

I must steal you!!

Jeri said...

that will be a very cute quilt!