Thursday, December 04, 2008

This and that

It's finally happened. I have been sucked into the vortex of Facebook! I know so many people that use it and I have ignored it for a long time. It was becoming it's own monster, demanding that I finally give in. I did it... there's no turning back.

We're pretty crazy around here. Our friend Said is staying with us for a while and last night he cooked dinner for us. Real Enchiladas! I learned how to make enchilada sauce. It's not hard at all. If I'd have know how easy it was I'd have given up the canned crap years ago. I am very excited! It was soooo yummy! We also had Parent Teacher Conferences earlier this week. I like sitting down with the teachers and hearing, "Your kid is doing great." Sweet.

Said babysat for us while we went to the little meetings. See how this is working in my favor? He thinks he is a burden for sleeping on a blow up matress in my office... silly boy. I'll let you think that if you'll babysit and cook for me...

I've begun working on my ornaments. With Said in my office I don't want to take the whole room over with fabric right now. Besides, working on the ornaments allows me to sit on my big tush and watch TV shows. Ah, the rough life I lead. I think the ornaments are coming together quite nicely. Whatcha think?


Oh, I have to share a little funny ha ha that happened yesterday at the grocery store.

Hannah: "Mom we should get some apples."

Me: "Ok, what kind do you want?"

Hannah: "Fuji."

Me: "Ok, I like Fuji." The I saw the Pink Lady Apples. "Oh, yum. Pink Lady I like those."

Hannah: "They are pink but I don't want to eat a lady."

Me: Shocked, stunned, and trying desperately not to laugh because I couldn't explain it. "Hannah, please don't ever say that again."

No comments: