Thursday, September 18, 2008

Apples and stew


It's that time of year again. Time to go apple picking! We got a big bucket full this year. Almost 17 pounds worth of mixed varieties of apples. The best part about the apples is watching them be eaten up!

I have one request so far for what to do with the apples. Dan asked for Apple Bread. Do any of you have a good recipe? I found one in my Enchanted Broccoli Forrest cook book. It should be yummy but I am always up for something different.

Tonight for dinner I thought I'd try my hand at a beef stew. I think I made it last year and it didn't go over well. Today though it was a hit. With all of them... ah, that never happens. It was easy to make so I thought I'd share it with ya.


Beef Stew

1 lb stew meat
3 potatoes
3 stalks of celery
2 large carrots
1 small onion
minced garlic
1 box beef broth
1 box chicken broth

season to taste with:
steak seasoning
worcestershire sauce

-Brown the meat and onions in a bit of olive oil. Add broth and veggies. Bring to boil. Simmer till done. About an hour.


It got rave reviews from the short people. Ok, the big kids didn't like the cooked carrots so they gave them to Seth and he gobbled them up!

1 comment:

Scylla said...

Mmm... apple picking and stew.

I miss you!!