Sunday, June 08, 2008

It must be summer

It's hot. I mean, HOT! Technically it isn't summer yet but since we are in the 90's I think we can call it summer now. Ick.

My dear sweet husband got us a new ac window unit for downstairs. Bless him. It's frackin' hot! Now we just have to get the monstrosity into the window...

Field Day was great. Luckily it didn't get hot until yesterday so Friday was cooler in the morning which made it much easier to enjoy the day.


One of my neighbors has a pool which we got to go use yesterday.


It was wonderful to get in the pool when it was so hot out. It took a bit to get Seth in and as you'd guess, it was hard to get him out. Once we are rich and have completed ALL the huge projects around our house maybe I can convince Dan that we need a pool. We'd all use it. Simon immediately wanted to make plans to swim today but I had to tell him no. When he looked at me with a confused look on his face I told him that it isn't ours to use as we please. We have to be invited over. Oh, the disappointment.

While Hannah was at her friends birthday party today Simon, Seth and I hung out at McDonald's. I brought a book along that is starting out very well. Definitely my kind of book. We indulged a little while we were there and got ice cream too. It's summer, right?

Once we got home (had to stop off at the grocery store and btw, don't go there on Sunday with all three kids even for a few things! Agh!) the kids wanted to run in the sprinkler. They called the neighbors girls to come over. I assume Hannah and Simon don't actually consider each other as "someone to play with". The running in the sprinkler turned into spraying each other, which lead to mud... thankfully it was all outside. Hannah and Simon got to accompany the girls back to their house to swim for an hour. They should be home any minute.

Well, that's about it for me. Still working on my Aunt's quilt and I will be for a while. I know I'll have to stop and make quick baby quilts as I work on it but I am going to get the quilt done hopefully by the end of summer if not sooner.

Off to make dinner and get ready to go get coffee with the girls. Sunday night coffee is like a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: