Saturday, May 17, 2008

Round two

I can't believe I am saying this but I am on my second round of antibiotics for strep! I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. I just knew what it was. Dan probably thought I was out of mind but I got an appointment with the doctor as early as I could to get a culture done. Positive yet again. Crap! It was caught early so I am not having too hard of a time with it. Once I got home I called the pediatrician so I could take all 3 of the kids in at once. The nurse tried feeding me a line like last time about if they weren't showing symptoms there was no reason to check blah, blah, blah... I wanted to get them checked anyway. One of my beautiful little monkeys had to be a carrier. I'd find out after school if I was right.

Against all rational thought I went and got my hair done knowing I had strep. I figured I wouldn't be kissing the stylist or sharing drinks so I could manage to keep it to myself. Many hours later I walked out blond again with a cute hair style. I let the guy do whatever he wanted with my hair. I like it. I know a few people with similar cuts. (I had a request to put a picture up... I will. First I need to shower and get out of my pj's.)

Seeing how it took soooo long to get my hair done I made a mad dash home, wolfed down a bit of lunch, got Seth up from his nap, and we went to the school to help set up for next weeks Book Fair. (I washed my hands first. I didn't want to get everyone sick!)

We dropped my neighbors daughter off after school and headed up to the doctor. $60.00 worth of co-pays and 3 swabs later we found our little culprit. Little Seth's test came back positive! I knew it, knew it, knew it! Ha! Of course, I share things with him all the time so he seemed to be the most likely one to be sick. I made sure to not share while I was sick last time so I don't know if he got me sick originally or not. I think he did though. He ran a fever the weekend before I got sick and had a fever the following weekend too but no other symptoms.

Hopefully this will be my last round of antibiotics.

I have worked on the binding of my big quilt. I am almost done. Binding is a great thing to work on in the evenings while watching TV. Over the last week I have also gotten a bit more quilting done on the baby quilt. I will post pictures later.

My mom is going to come over tomorrow and help me do some gardening in my back yard. I am excited about that! See, I'll have lots of pictures to share.


Ed said...

Years ago my neighbor, her husband and son had several rounds of strep, come to find out, their dog Partner, a golden retriever, was the carrier that continued to reinfect everyone. Partner was treated, and no more strep.

Samantha said...

Blech, sorry you are sick again. Will it make you feel better to know I have your sock yarn in hand??