Saturday, February 10, 2007

A quiet Saturday monring

Ah, the sound of quiet..... How long will it last?

Hannah and Simon decided that is was warm enough to go outside and play. It's only mid 30's out there. Seth is taking his morning nap and Dan is sleeping in. His favorite weekend activity! Ok, napping is Dan's favorite, sleeping in is probably second.

I've managed to get a few more blocks done on Susan's quilt today and Misty's quilt is almost done. I just need to do a bit more hand quilting and put on the binding. I'll give her the quilt at her baby shower on March 3rd and then I can post a picture of it. I hate not being able to share it. I think it is a wonderfully bright quilt.

Speaking of Susan, she is such a great sister to have! Ben and Susan have been helping us with our house in Denver. I cannot say thank you enough for that. She went yesterday and picked out my new hardwood floors, kitchen tiles, kitchen counter tops, and basement carpet. Yes, I trust Susan and her good taste so much that I let her pick!

I spent a lot of time this morning reading a blog that I found recently. I love her posts about being a lactivist. As many of you know I am a crunchy breast feeding-home birthing-sling wearing mama! I can't help it.... it just makes sense. I haven't fallen all the way into being granola. We don't eat all organic (it's so darn expensive!) and I don't cloth diaper even though I wish I did sometimes.

Anyway, I hope everyone out there has a fantastic weekend. The quiet just ended with Simon running in the house yelling, "Brrrr!!!"

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I drove by your house last week on my way home from the movies (it was a complicated way home that involved dropping 2 people off...) anyway- it looks great from the outside, and I'm sure Susan's taste is making it look great inside!