Saturday, February 17, 2007

Progress

I have made a lot of progress on my current quilt projects this week. I finished the last row on Ben and Susan's quilt. Yippy!!! Now for the borders. I am also working on the binding of Misty's baby quilt. I am so excited to be so close to done with them! Then I can start on something new and have actually completed a few projects.

Well, we finally made a decision about Taz. He is going back to the SPCA tomorrow. It was a very hard decision for us to make but I think it will be for the best. He needs so much more than we bargained for. We thought we'd bring home this older dog and all he'd need was a diet, long walks, and some love. It turns out he needs Thyroid medicine, serious antibiotics for the Lyme disease, and someone to wipe his butt for him daily. Oh, and he still needs to lose weight because he hasn't lost any since we got him AND that may not take care of his joints problem. I hope a new family will give him a good home. He is just more than we can take care of right now.

I was reading my mom's blog and I realized I forgot to tell you all about the ice that disguises itself as snow! I knew that they were warning us about the ice but I figured how bad can ice be.... Well, as my mom put it, it's like concrete. I went out to my car on Friday and went to clear the snow from the windshield only to discover that it isn't snow at all. It was solid ice and it was about 4 inches thick! Thankfully the kids were in the car so they couldn't hear all the obscenities I uttered. AND when I backed out of the drive way my car didn't even sink at all in the snow/ice! Amazing! The only really cool thing is how the trees look all covered in ice. They sparkle. Now, if you even tried to go look at them you'd slip and breal something but it's quite lovely. Ok, now I was reminded of a movie qoute, "...well, I am not saying I want to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely." Name that movie....

2 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

I can't "name that movie" - but the next time it snows those little ice pellets, I'm out there shoveling and I won't let it get ahead of me! The other problem is - who knows how many days of warm weather it will take to melt the ice?

ellen said...

Thankfully Hannah and I got the sidewalk done on Wednesday! Dan spent 2 hours yesterday chipping through the ice and didn't get more than 10 feet. I shouldn't complain too much though. Everyone in Denver has been shoveling weekly!

I don't know how long this stuff will stick around...