Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The house is coming along well




Our house in Denver seems to be almost back to normal! What a miracle that is. Susan sent me some pictures of the new color on the walls. I think it looks nice. The whole house looks bigger. We talked about painting the upstairs too but we just can't swing it right now.

The new hardwood floors are sitting there acclimating for a while before they are put in. I am not sure how much longer they need to finish up the house but I am pleased with the progress so far.

We have a few birthdays to celebrate this week. My little brother Karl (who isn't very little anymore) turned 20 yesterday! Also, Happy Birthday to Alex, Russ, and Karl who are also on the 19th (Yup, two Karl's with the same bday! Pretty cool!!). Then it's Dan and Seth's turn on the 22nd. Dan's grandpa is on the 23rd. Phew, that's a lot of birthdays for one week! Of course, my birthday is just around the corner. The 5th of March for those of you who don't know! ;-) Hopefully this birthday will be more fun than last years when I was 11 days postpartum!

In quilt related news, I got the binding finished last night on Misty's quilt while watching Hero's and Studio 60.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Now that Misty's is done, does that mean mine will be done soon too??? You do realize that it is torture when you continue to mention it & I have no idea what it looks like :)

Amy Y said...

How are you liking Studio 60? I'm pissed off that they keep thinking of cancelling it... No new episodes in the next two weeks scheduled on my Tivo. Dammit.
Anyway, happy birthday to Dan, Seth and you (in case I forget to say it on your actual bday). I'm sure this one will be lots better. Wish you were here so we could take you out on the town!!!

Paula Ebert said...

the disasterous flood could turn out to be a blessing in disguise!

ellen said...

Susan- I could post pictures if you'd like me too. That would ruin the surprise though!

Amy- I like Studio 60 and I'll be bummed when it's gone. Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Mom- I think your right. :)