Monday, May 10, 2010

Florida

I am back from an awesome weekend in Florida. April's wedding was so quaint. I love the small backyard weddings. They seem so much more personal and intimate. Don't get me wrong, I like big fancy weddings too.

Her college grauation was the next day. She's spent 10 years working toward her degree. That's dedication. She's going to make a wonderful teacher. In the face of small prewedding disasters she stayed so calm. Her cake top slid off on the drive home from the store and she still held it together. Don't worry, we got a new cake all fixed up for her before the wedding began! Also, her niece got a pair of real hand cuffs locked around her little ankle and they couldn't find the key. They had to take her over to the police station to get them opened. Poor little Hope was a puddle of tears because she didn't think they'd be able to get them off of her. She didn't know they were real cuffs. April just laughed. She will definitely be a great teacher for special needs kids!

We managed to go to the beach twice too. The water is so warm in the gulf.

Right before I left my main computer got a nasty virus on it. The resident computer guru aka Daniel, is trying to figure out what to do to save ALL of my photos so he can clean up the box. It's a big fat mess. You hear this all the time and it's true, back up your data!!! So, I'll attempt to upload my new pictures to my netbook. Dear God, please let my pictures be okay! I've got a disk that Dan burned for me about two years ago and that's it. All the photos I take reside on that box.

Go back up your data now. Buy an external hard drive and BACK UP! (This has been a public service announcement.)

Ok, I've to get Simon off to school, me ready for school today, and prepare for my presentation at the quilt guild tonight. Phew. I can't forget to study for my two finals this week as well.

I really had an awesome weekend. I got to see some of my family members that I haven't seen in a really long time. Loved it. We've got to get together more often. Easier said than done.

No comments: