Thursday, July 14, 2011

friend visit

It's so awesome to have someone come visit you! Laura has been able to come out and see us twice since we moved here. I know Jersey isn't exactly a destination hot spot, but we had a great time.

We were in the annual Kazoo Band. It's so much fun to be part of.


Went to Long Street Farm, which as you all know I love that place. Then a huge neighborhood BBQ followed by 4th of July fireworks!


The Moth.- We listened to unscripted story telling. It was really interesting. There were funny, bizarre, and even some sad moments. The joys of story telling.

Coney Island- Laura took the big kids on the famous Cyclone roller coaster. It's apparently a pretty fun, yet rough wooden coaster.


The kids even convinced Laura to roller skating after our day at Coney Island.

Ocean Grove beach- The kids can play for hours on their boogie boards. Then, some yummy Hibachi for dinner.


Saturday we hit Philly. Went to the Franklin Institute and the City Tavern for dinner.

Sadly Sunday we had to send her back on a plane to Denver. I am so glad she came out here to see us! It was so wonderful to spend time with her. I have some awesome friends. She taught Hannah how to knit, too. Now, who's next?

Once she left I was in serious hurry mode. I had homework, a quiz, an exam, three kids to pack up, a house to clean, and laundry to do. All is well now. We sent the kids off yesterday on a big jet plane solo. It's hard to watch all your babies get on that big plane alone. Hannah told me after they landed that Seth was sad I wasn't with them. It kills me. He'll have fun with his Gramma and Grampa. (Yes, I spelled those wrong on purpose.) Alas, they had to go somewhere, so Dan and I can go on our trip. We leave tonight. London, here we come! I'm so excited!

No comments: