Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kitchen goodness

Lots of good things have come out of my kitchen this week. Our friend Said is staying with us so of course we had to made a delicious Mexican dish. He picked Chiles en Nogada. It's sooo good. Oh, we made the vegetarian version because we had a vegetarian friend coming over for dinner. We made Flan for dessert. I'd never made it before, but it turned out really well. Said was also interested in helping me make some Jam so we whipped out some organic blueberry jam too.


Tonight we made Rajas. Yummy too!

Lots of tasty food goodness.

My hydrangeas are pretty much done for the season. The colors are fantastic though. I am going to try and dry some of them...


My quilts are awaiting quilting. Once I have my sewing room floor back I'll baste the brick pattern quilt and get to work on it.


They were well received at the quilt guild meeting on Monday. We are having a quilt show in October and I have no idea what I'd show. Most of my quilts are either on a bed or gone as gifts. I think I'll make a couple purses instead of a quilt. This way I can get it done quickly! I only have two weeks until school starts up again! Yikes.

1 comment:

Paula Ebert said...

You are really busy! The jam looks great. You ought to print the recipes you cook.