Sunday, August 01, 2010

Blocks and berries


Our friends, Devon and Monica, came down today and we tagged along to go blueberry picking with them! Ignore the fact that there are still frozen blueberries from last summer in the freezer. I was totally going to make jam, I swear! I guess I better quit swearing and do some canning instead. I don't know what it is about getting your own fruit, but I like it.

Pick it and put it in the bucket, not your mouth!


Hannah won't let me take her picture... little stinker...

Then, we had dinner out followed by a movie. Dan picked Inception, which is pretty darn good! A pretty good day if you ask me.

I've made lots of progress on the quilt I'm working on.


I threw the blocks on the wall before I squared them up so I could see how they looked. I like! They'll look much different on point with the other fabric I have as the alternate block. Did that make sense? Did I lose you? I'll show you when I'm done...

Thanks for letting us tag along today!

4 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

Well, you can make jam with the frozen blueberries, and freeze these. You're "rotating your stock" :) And the quilt will be lovely!

Susan said...

OMG! I am loving how the quilt is looking!!! So cute!

ellen said...

Mom, I think you're on to something here...

Susan, Dan doesn't like it very much.

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Mmmm! Blueberries!