Saturday, October 02, 2010

Newport, RI

We missed it.

What do I mean by missed it?

We missed the wedding.

You know, the one we were trying to get to on Friday. We missed it. See, we knew it was a 4 1/2 hour drive so we gave ourselves 2 extra hours to get there. What we could have never anticipated was the weather causing serious delays around NYC. It took 90 minutes to get across the GWB (George Washington Bridge). Then the traffic was still heavy into Connecticut. We tried but we couldn't make up the time. We missed the wedding... I should take up drinking...

We did however get to go to the wedding reception here.


We mingled and had a good time. I saw some pictures and the wedding looked lovely.

I still can't believe we missed it.

This morning the storm had cleared and it was beautiful. Newport is an adorable town with some seriously large mansions. We went on the Cliff Walk before breakfast. It was awesome. The ocean is so wonderful. I love the sound of the crashing waves.



After breakfast we went into Newport. I love the cobble stone streets and the little shops lining the street. Adorable. Quaint. Yeah, we'll go back.


Even though we missed the ceremony we got to enjoy time with some of the family. I am glad we went.

The drive home was uneventful. Too bad the drive out hadn't been the same.

Oh, I found out that the bride and groom read my blog. Oops. See, if people don't post I don't know they're there. In my attempt to share my quilting with my three trusty readers I also shared the gift with the recipients. However, she was very, very excited to receive the quilt. Phew. That makes me so incredibly happy.

Congratulations to the bride and groom. Welcome to the family.

(Sorry about the grainy iPhone shot.)


No comments: