Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Quilt? Study? Neither...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with a few of our dear friends. I made enough food to feed an army though. I can't help myself. Dan only wants turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. I like the side dishes too. So, I made baked yams, green beans tossed with almonds, roasted veggies, my grandma's fruit salad, and of course, we had the rolls and cranberry sauce. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I had to stop myself from making an acorn squash too. I love how you spend all day cooking, 20 minutes eating, and an hour cleaning it all up! It's totally worth it.

Simon helped us stuff the bird.

Seth worked on his own dinner while we prepared ours.

I'd love to now show you some pictures of all the quilting I did over the weekend but I didn't do anything. I just decided to do.... well, absolutely nothing. It felt fabulous. Sometimes you need to do that. I have stumbled upon some great quilting blogs recently and you should go check out all their delightful creations. The Sometimes Crafter, I have to say..., Portabellopixie, and crazy mom quilts. I know there are many more out there. Which one is your favorite?

I am quite torn over spending my time on school work when I'd much rather be indulging in my addictive, yet truly rewarding, quilting hobby.

Must. write. paper. and. study.

No comments: