Friday, April 25, 2008

The art of juggling

Wow, a whole week since I posted last. Oops, sorry 'bout that. Time just gets away from you sometimes. I've been trying to remember what's been keeping me so busy and it turns out it's nothing to terribly exciting to tell ya the truth. But since you are so kind to check in on all of us I'll share whats been going on.

Hannah and I had a fun time together on Saturday. We had a bit of mommy daughter time and had ourselves a little pampering. We each had a manicure and a pedicure. It was so much fun.


I have my big half marathon coming up in less than 2 weeks. To prepare for it last weekend we walked 10.2 miles! I think I can handle the 13.1 miles on the day of the race. I am excited to do this. I've never participated in a marathon of any kind. I know walking it isn't all that challenging but you have to start somewhere, right. Maybe I can work into running. Maybe.

I've also worked a bit more on the last Pay It forward that I have to do. I am not going to share pictures of it until after it's recieved. The two remaining ladies don't know what is destined for them. Will it be the adorable pin cushion or the mysteriously unrevealed project.... hmmm....

Also, there is a big yard sale going on tomorrow that I have been trying to get stuff together for. I am amazed that there is always more stuff that we held on to for no reason and it needs to be gotten rid of. Where do these things come from and why do we still have them? This isn't the Great Depression where I need to keep everything that could possibly be reused. I should let it go to someone else who could use it and make room in my house. Maybe make a bit of money too!

What else? Ah, Simon is testing for another belt today (The novelty has worn off for me. I think they are handing the belts out just to get you to fork over more cash every 2 months.) and Hannah has a gymnastics recital tomorrow. Tomorrow will be so crazy. I don't understand why things always have to happen on the same day. Not only is the yard sale and the recital tomorrow but Simon has a birthday party to go to! AHHHH!

Parenting is actually the art of juggling.

And lastly, I got to go out last night with the MOMS Club. We went to The Melting Pot for dinner. It was my first time going there. It was very yummy yet very expensive. I had lots of fun though. I mean really, spending a day with friends, food, and chocolate, it is always going to be fun.

There you have it. More than you ever wanted to know about my week. :)

2 comments:

country mouse said...

sounds like you've been busy!! Good luck with your half marathon. Are you walking or running? I ran one last fall, and am hoping to do another this coming fall. If you covered 10.5 miles you should be just fine. Keep a positive attitude and know you've got people cheering for you! Have a great weekend!

ellen said...

I'll be walking it.