Friday, September 02, 2011

Big and little

Lots of things have happened since the last time I posted. Some little and insignificant things and others quite big.

I made two baby quilts and baked some goodies! That was awesome to be able to do. Me stuff. I do still miss my stay at home mom gig. I had it good. I like school too, it's just harder to juggle all the kid stuff, fun stuff, my stuff, etc.


This one is for our friends Mark and LeAnn. They're having a little girl!

A friends daughter is having a boy. I'll get a better picture of this later. It's adorable.

Peach Cobbler, oh yea.

So, we had a hurricane hit us. Yeah, I said hurricane. I can't believe we actually had a hurricane. Thankfully it was only a Cat. 1 when it hit us and the southern portion of the storm fell apart before we had to go through another 6 hours of wind and rain! Lots of old trees came down all over town and they took out power lines with them. We lost power for 4 days. 4 long days.


He was pretending it was falling on him.

Now, it's back to school time. I started this week and the kids start back next week. I hope this year is a good one. I have peds and OB this semester. I am excited and worried. I know I want to be a midwife and I also know the way women have babies in the hospital isn't optimal. I dread seeing labor after labor augmented and sectioned for failure to progress. Ick.

Hannah will be in 8th grade, Simon 5th, and Seth starts Kindergarten. He's not a baby anymore. Well, no matter how old any of them are they're still my babies. I have the stretch marks to prove it.

We went to Ocean Grove last week with a friend before hurricane Irene came through and we went back today. The shore line changed. It's crazy that a little hurricane was strong enough to do that. I am so glad the hurricane wasn't stronger! Now, it really looks like nothing happened to it at all.



Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

Paula Ebert said...

Oh, it looks like the kids had a ton of fun at the beach... glad you went before the hurricane. Appreciate the return of power, I'll bet!

Samantha said...

welcome back power! Good luck to everyone in school- I can't believe Seth is in K already!