Thursday, October 22, 2009

Henna, school, and a mad scientist

Another whirlwind week since I last posted. What do I do with my time? Homework mostly...

I saw my doula client last week. She is due early next month. I am thrilled to be attending another birth soon. Her last birth was natural and she wants the same for this one. Something I am all in favor of. :) Friday I kind of invited myself (tacky, I know) to a Mehndi Party. Hannah's BFF's family is from Bangladesh and her aunt was getting married on Saturday. Friday night they were doing the brides henna and having a gathering with friends and family that came in from out of town. I was talking to her friend's mom and she asked if Hannah could come because she knows Hannah loves to get henna on her hands. I blurted out "oh, me too!" and she said of course I was welcome. Oops. How's that for a tacky way to invite yourself along? There were two women who did all the henna work on all the women there. Tania, the bride, had exquisite work done on her arms and legs. Don't want to forget to mention how incredibly fabulous all the food was.

The henna paste was still on her arms and feet. She was going to leave it on until she got ready for bed.

Henna work on my palm. Nothing like the brides but beautiful too.

Saturday morning I went to an open house at Georgian Court University. I found out they have a 4 year bachelor degree program for nursing. I bravely applied even though I don't meet all of their criteria. The program is designed more for incoming, recent, high school graduates. Um... that's not me. I have college credits so I am hoping they'll look at that and not my lack of SAT scores. I'm 33 for Pete's sake. I'm not going to attempt to take the test now. Cross your fingers and wish me luck. If they except me as a spring transfer student I'll be back in school full time very soon! This is such a better path than waiting for my turn to come up on the long waiting list so I can begin the 2 year associates program at the local community college.

I really am hoping to get in there. I really, really want to get moving toward my goal to becoming a midwife.

I better get a move on here, it's almost time to go get Seth from preschool. He's loving it btw.

Let's see, what else is going on. We had a wonderful dinner on Saturday night with our friends.

Also, Simon had a fun cub scout meeting this week. They had a Mad Scientist there. He showed them some really neat tricks. Simon also has a belt test on Friday. He should have tested on Tuesday but he was at the pack meeting. Oh, the joys of juggling activities.

Isn't that an awesome shot of the back of Simon's head?

After school today we're going pumpkin picking so I'll be sure to take along my camera. Of course, once we finish with the pumpkin patch we need to go pick up a few last costume pieces for Halloween and still fit in dinner before Hannah needs to be at gymnastics and Simon has to be at Tae Kwon Do. Always something going on.

1 comment:

Paula Ebert said...

Always something going on, is right! Thanks for the update ...